Sunday, November 15, 2015

Homemade Oil Sugar Scrubs

I have always loved taking baths....I try to take one every night. I light a candle & get my sugar scrubs out...& it is just me time to relax. I know you mommas out there probably cannot do it as often as I can, but when you can this scrub would be amazing for you to be able to fully relax. I cannot even imagine what it is like to take baths when having kids because even with Frankie I have to shut the door or he will try to jump in with me...it's so pitiful because I can see his little paw underneath the door just waiting on me to come out...sometimes I give in & give him a toy to play with to sit down by the tub :P I love taking care of my skin. I am probably obsessed over it, but taking care of your skin is soooo important! I feel like sometimes we forget how important our skin is. I know I use to spend hours out in the sun & never moisturized my skin as a teenager....oh I so wish I knew what I knew now ;)

I want to share with you my recipe for my oil scrubs. It is so inexspevive & does wonders for your skin! Most essential oil scrubs that you buy in store range from $20-$50 & most of the time the oils that a lot of companies use are not 100% pure. I love that when I make my own scrubs I know exactly what is in my scrubs & not to mention how cheap they are to make!

I found the cutest little jars in the dollar bin at Target....they are in the Christmas section...I got all that I could because they are going to make the CUTEST Christmas happies! I am so excited to give them out. They even have a chalkboard top where you can either write a person's name out or the scent of the oil.


What you'll need:

1. 1/2 cup of organic sugar (brown or white) Obviously I used white in this recipe.

2. 1/2 cup of coconut oil...you can use olive oil, but I found that coconut is easier & makes it creamier. Also, coconut oil is amazing for your skin!

3. 1/4 teaspoon of an essential oil of your preference. I chose Lavender essential oil for this recipe. 

4.  (optional) Two small roses.


Get all your ingredients ready & have them sitting out. There are so many options on which oil to use. I plan on using Lemon essential oil for a hand scrub & the list goes on with how many different scrubs you can use! I chose Lavender because Lavender is so great for a good night sleep & since I take baths at night it helps me get the best sleep! Joy essential oil is another oil that I use daily that would make an amazing scrub! 


So start off with picking out the oil that you would like to use.




Pour your coconut oil in your mixing bowl.



Then go ahead & pour your sugar in the mixing bowl.



You can use however much essential oil that you would like...I chose a little under 1/4 teaspoon



You can then pour your oil in your mixing bowl.




Instead of using a spoon to mix it...it was easier to use my hands to really mix in the coconut oil. I made sure I washed my hands, that my ring was off,  & took off my fingernail polish to make sure that no chemicals would be mixing in. 





Once you get it to the right texture you can stuff your jar really tight with your scrub. This recipe made two jars full.



I then sprinkled rose peddles on top because well....who doesn't love roses & they are also so amazing for your skin!




& just for a sweet surprise I loosened up a rose & laid it on top ;)


So there you have it.....the sweetest little happy for Christmas. This would be perfect for teachers, neighbors, best friends, grandparents, sisters, & practically everyone! You can even use men scents to make some for the special man in your life. 

I am so excited about blessing people with these homemade jars of love this season. I love giving at least one homemade gift every year & I love that this gift is so healthy & beneficial for the people I love. 

So for everyone that already is using Young Living Essential Oils this would be perfect for you to have fun with your oils! & if you are interested in trying Essential Oils I would love to chat with you about why I love them & how I use them daily in my life. If you have already decided that you want to give it a try here is how to order:


~ Once it brings you to the page, make sure you choose "Wholesale Member" (and not the retail customer--you will not get the wholesale prices as a customer...and like I said, you will never have to sell anything as a Member if you don't want to...it can be solely for the discount)
~ Enter my #2262072 in the sponsor ID and enroller ID blanks 
~  fill out all your info 
~ Select your kit ($160 PREMIUM STARTER KIT is the best value.  You get 10 oils plus a home diffuser in this kit plus an extra roll-on oil)
~ You can say no to the Essential Rewards--this is something you totally do not ever have to do, but more than likely will want to once you fall in love with your oils
~ At this point you can add more to your order if you'd like. 
~ All finished! 



These are the oils that come in the starter kit along with Ningxia to energize, fortify, and revitalize the body and support overall health and wellness, from head to toe.

...& because Thanksgiving is coming up & I'm so thankful for all you beautiful people that choose to love on me, encourage me, & support me through this journey of life......& because I just love sending happies in the mail :P I want to give anyone who signs up for the starter kit now through the 30th.....a Young Living Chapstick for this cold season & a reference guide book to get started on your new journey. 






Loving my new business cards made by ohsimplejoys....now all I need is a card holder ;)

A cold remedy on how to use your oils from your starter kit:

Use RC, Thieves, & Lemon

1. Diffuse RC into the air & inhale

2. Swallow 1-2 drops of Lemon or Thieves or in a capsule. Some people take it with honey.

3. Apply on throat, temples, forehead, sinuses, & below the nose. 

Blake used this remedy on me when I woke up feeling terrible one morning last week....it knocked it out within a day! 

 Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog....I hope you are having a fabulous Sunday afternoon...Check here later today for a giveaway! 

XO,
Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment