Friday, June 6, 2014

To My Soldier

Dear My Darling Blake,
   It's only been 10 days since I last laid my eyes on you, but it feels like a 1,000. Every day I wake up wishing you were next to me so that I could whisper in your ear "I love you" before you had to start your day. 

I wish I could pack your lunch and stick a little note on top so that you can open it and smile. 

I wish I could hear your 3 honks saying I. Love. You. as you drive away. 

I wish I could get all pretty for you and see that gaze that you give me whenever I walk out of the room and twirl around.

I wish I could fall asleep to you playing with my hair. 

I wish I could hear your prayers. 

I wish I could eat ice cream and watch Netflix all night with you. 

I wish I could know what you are doing right now. 

I wish I could look at you and get the giggles from something funny you said.

I wish I could squeeze you tight and tell you how amazing you are.  

Though, I wish we could be together every waking moment, I know that this is where we are supposed to be. In this moment. In this season. We are here. Writing letters and wishing for things that will happen before we know it. 
No matter how long or intense the day may be keep pressing on knowing that your wife is loving you every step along the way! Even when you fall...I'm loving you....even when you feel like giving up...I'm loving you...even when you are feeling discouraged...I'm loving you...& when you succeed I love you all the same. I'm here...through every up and every down. Keep being you, my amazing soldier, because you can do mighty things...just by being you...I believe in you.


Add caption
honk. honk. honk.

Love,
Your girl

No comments:

Post a Comment